Friday, March 16, 2007

They're Everywhere

It seems that everywhere I look these days beautiful sock yarns and patterns are coming out of the woodwork. First, there's Cookie A, whose patterns are making me drool. German Stocking, Rhionnan, Twisted Flowers, they're all so beautiful. Then there's The Loopy Ewe, selling the most beautiful variegated sock yarns ever. Not to mention the most gorgeous sock yarn in the world at Kpixie. And then there's this great tutorial on dying your own self-striping yarn that makes me want to bust out the Kool-aid right now and make something blue and green and red and orange. Something you can see from space.


In other news, I've finally begun the yoke of my bird sweater. I know, you thought I'd forgotten about it, but not so. The short version is that sleeves require fortitude and great strength of character, especially when they're knit flat in a plain rib from the cuff upward. *yawn* I like working on sweater yokes; who doesn't love a home stretch? I'm hoping I can finish it before the snow melts so that I can take pictures of it in a wintry forest (for the future pattern). And then the much-anticipated $1.50 Cardigan. I'm really loking forward to that project - finally a sweater without vast plains of plain stockinette to be trekked over. Lace, cables, a pretty color in a nice yarn... I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

go for the silk! much more fun for you to handle for the kn itter and the recipient will love it! Gran dma