Thursday, March 15, 2007

Beyond My Control

Something weird happened on Tuesday morning, after I'd written the last post. I happened across Jaywalker, and I looked at my partially-cuffed sock, and then I looked at Jaywalker, and I looked at my sock, Jaywalker, sock, and before I knew what I was doing, this happened:


At least it made a pretty yarn-noodle. Anyway, I started over and by yesterday morning I had this:



It grew some more yesterday, but the light is terrible right now so I can't take a picture. I think this pattern makes the yarn look much, much better than the previous incarnation. Also the brioche stitch was a little loose, and this is a nice, dense fabric. All in all, highly satisfying.


And now I must go because my computer is running very slowly and it's making me insane!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new sock looks great! And a lovely poodle to boot-xooxMom

Anonymous said...

Do the following for your computer:
1: Run Disk Cleanup (under Programs>Accesories>System Tools). Make sure to ditch temporary Internet files and the like, and go ahead and compress old files. Might take a while. I mean a while like run it and get into bed with a book...
2: Run Disk Defragmenter - same place. Also will take a while.
You need not run these in the same session or immediately following, but this routine is equal to beating the rug outdsidse in the sun. Dirty but worth it.
Chances are you are running low on disk space so before the previous you may want to ditch any old media files about which you no longer care. Don't forget to Empty Recycle Bin.
Thank God knitting does not require this kind of maintenance. However, it is still in question the degree to which our spirits do, and how warming things like knitting perform such needed yet seemingly mundane actions...
3D