Monday, March 19, 2007

Oh, Fortune

How you mock me.


Look at the wonderful progress:


Yes, it is just a taste. Anyway, I got the yoke done over the weekend and now all that's left to do is sew up a bunch of seams (including reinforcing the raglan shaping, which is a little laddery) and work the edging for the collar. I'm going to do an echo of the 3x2 rib that I used on the hem and sleeves, with some white stripes. It'll be about 10 rows deep, crossed over at the front and... oh dear. Look how much yarn I have left:



I know it's hard to see how little there is in the photograph, but suffice it to say that there is simply not enough. It's completely irritating; that sweater could be blocking right now if it weren't for the stupid yarn. But that's okay. ever one to make a good situation out of a bad one, I used the fact that I was already paying for shipping to justify some needles and the yarn for Clessidra. At least for that project I will be prepared.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you knit real fast the yarn lasts longer.....just like bobbin thread!

oxxoMom