Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Insult To Injury

Although I never sympathized with Cinderella's wicked stepsisters, I always wondered why wickedness was so directly linked to having big feet. I had no idea at the time that I would grow up into a pair of size 11's. Still, I was reminded of that early confusion yesterday, when I attempted to try on my first Jaywalker.


Aaaah! Nooo! It won't go on my foot! Thank goodness I hadn't gotten beyond the heel, so I only had one week's worth of knitting to frog. I like to try the sock on after turning the heel because it's so very satisfying to feel my own heel lock into place, cradled by perfect short-rows. Plus, variegation made for the best heel.


Anyway, I ripped it out and started over, this time making the bigger size. It turns out that my gauge is tighter than that of the pattern, and that that, like, matters. I don't mind frogging when it will make for a better finished product (in fact I start most projects at least twice), but frogging because of my own stupid mistake makes me crazy. At least I have a seminar this afternoon, the perfect chance to make up for lost time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ribbit.