Monday, February 12, 2007

Shedir Is Finished!

As a recap, here is my completed Shedir hat, done on size 3 bamboo needles in Lana Grossa Superlana, which (in a shoutout to the hometown) I got at Uncommon Threads. The hat went really fast once I read this Knitty article about cabling with out a cable needle. I used the second method given ("Slip and Switch), and after a few clumsy attempts I got the hang of it and the rest of the hat just flew by. I could barely put it down it was so much fun to do.


Here are the pictures. After a wild ride in the world of profesional modeling, Little Sweet Bunny has retired to his estate in Montana where he lives in seclusion with his dog Mercutio. And so the pictures here are the best results of my awkward attempts to take pictures of my own head.



Here's me in the hat (sort of. Like I said, awkward).



Here's a close-up of the crown of the hat. This is actually the reason I wanted to make it in the first place. I can't get over how well-designed it is, the way the cable opens up to formthe decreases along the spokes you can see there. And the star shape at the top is just gravy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you clever sausage...what a lovely hat. your dear mamma and I had a lovely toes-up listen to Harry Potter after an Ikea-Home Depot fest. What a great way to spend my Tuesday (Sunday)