Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I Am Polar Girl!


I am ensconced in the library with no intention of leaving until absolutely necessary. It is officially snowing like crazy. It started last night and has continued all through today. Apparently it's supposed to keep going all night, too. I like snow a lot, but this particular batch is not very appetizing; it's that un-snowballable powdery kind, and it's accompanied by winds that blow little stinging particles into your face. On the plus side, one doesn't get very wet from it. Right now what I'm really deriving the most fun from is listening to everyone else complain while I'm enjoying it. Yes, it's cold, but that's why we have coats and sweaters and big ugly L.L. Bean boots (thank you, Mom). My ability to bundle up and brave the elements with a smile makes me feel like a tough-as-nails wilderness woman. Laugh all you want at that image, but you'd feel the same way if everywhere you went you heard girls and boys compaining that their skin-tight jeans and hoodies aren't warm enough. Compared to that I feel like that bear up there.


As far as knitting, I've been making swatches for my $1.50 Cardigan. I'm thinking of doing it in Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, of which I happen tohave some lying around, and the swatches are coming out beautifully. Oddly, though, I've already had to go up two needle sizes and I'm still not to gauge. Ah, well. More swatching when I get home tonight.

No comments: