Sunday, February 11, 2007

$1.50 Cardigan (With Bonus Features!)

Went back to Stitch Therapy today to solve a mystery for my gentle readers and in the meantime picked up the Spring 2007 Interweave Knits. It's a good issue - kudos to Eunny Jang for getting me interested in entrelac for the first time ever. I also saw my next sweater project, to be cast on the red-hot minute my birdie sweater is done. Behold the cuteness of the Dollar and a Half Cardigan:



I just love all those different textures. I can't find the yarn in question, and when I can find it I probably can't afford it, so I'm thinking of doing it in Knitpicks' Main Line, probably in Blueberry. I'd love to do it in Ivory but I'm a dreadful spiller and I refuse to risk it. However, the time for ordering is still way, way far away as I'm only just now returning to the bird sweater as my in-class knitting project (I have a four-hour stretch of solid class on Fridays in which I get tons done, not to mention all my other seminars which are the perfect place for stockinette).


Bonus Features:


Deleted Scene: I am finally in a position to solve the mystery of which yarn found its destiny in my Odessa hat. The yarn in question is Malabrigo worsted weight, pure merino yarn. I think the colorway is #26.21, but I am not lying one little bit when I say that all of them are beautiful.


Theatrical Trailer: Shedir is done and looks great, although it came out a little short. However, I am wearing it proudly and reminding myself that there's nothing a little blocking can't fix. Pictures coming soon!


Director's Commentary: My senior project is officially begun, and I feel good about it. Also, Boyfriend and I celebrated our 3-yearr anniversary this weekend and it was brilliant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cardie is soooo cute- I finished and blocked my brown cardie - I decided not to do the buttom holes - I will do ribbon and machine button holes-I am bringing it to NYC! xoxoxoMom

Anonymous said...

I MUST MAKE THAT CARDIGAN.

Also, thanks for the link to your blog!

- Jeeyon