Sunday, February 4, 2007

LSB In Odessa

Finished Odessa yesterday - yay! I tried to take a picture of myself in the hat, but all of the shots came out badly. It's amazing how hard it is to take a picture of yourself in a hat. So instead, we have Little Sweet Bunny modeling.


Here he is in the hat.


And he wanted a funny one for his MySpace page.


Here's the top of the hat; I really like how the swirl came out. I really liked this pattern - I ended up doing it just as the directions specified and it came out great. It's a deep hat though, because I had trouble measuring the length (the stitch pattern makes it sort of ribbed when laid flat), so I've been experimenting with cute ways to have my hair poke out.

I took a trip to Sheep's Clothing today (that's right kids. Morehouse is my LYS) to get a circular needle for Shedir, which I cast on while still in the store. I like going there a lot because they've got a whole area in the back where you can sit and knit and look at books and stuff. It's like the Beadissimo of yarn stores. The hat is coming along nicely; I burned through the ribbing and now I'm learning to cable without a cable needle, which is really handy with so many little crossings. Picking up a cable needle for each one would really slow things down. It's messing with my tension a little bit though. I need more practice and I'm definitely going to need to block this hat, so I'll have to strategize how best to do that.

And now, back to my writing exercises. I keep telling myself it's like I'm swatching.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i hope little sweed really does have a myspace....
do you tink the hat wuld look good in a plain colored yr, or do you think the verigated (i guessed on the spelling) yarn is best?

Claudia said...

The original pattern is for a plain color with beads, but even without beads it would still look really good. As for where the yarn camefrom, it's a little store near J.W.'s house.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, Claudy...what a fab hat...please, please, please work on the bird sweater...or post a pic of the bird sweater progress. I just heart those birds. I have the day off today and feel the need to make chicken taragon tea sandwiches and watch a lovely slow movie...I know you are across the country...but wanna come?

Claudia said...

I would love to come. It was seven degrees this morning, and right now I would love nothing more than some tea sandwiches and a film.