Monday, February 26, 2007

New Yarn!

I'm back at school following a fabulous trip to New York, where I got to see my Mom and sister (yay!). One of the things I came back with is this beautiful yarn from Purl. This sweet, lovely, luscious Koiguis already partway into the cuff of my first Anemoi mitten.



And then when I went to the post office this morning I found that my Knitpicks order had arrived. I got some Essential sock yarn and a couple of sets of needles to make some socks for Boyfriend. I need a new in-class project, and I thought some random-striped socks would be the perfect thing.



The weird thing is that the Knitpicks brand size 1 needles are 2.5 mm, while the Clovers (also size 1) are 2.25 mm. Huh. I got the Knitpicks needles to try them out, an because I thought metal needles would be better suited to going back and forth to class.


I'm also about a third of the way through the sleeves of my bird sweater, so I've got three projects now. And the knitting club had its first meeting last week, so on Thursday I'll get to go meet a bunch of Bard knitters. I love new projects!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks great! The two colors together will really show off the pattern- you need to teach this one to me - this summer - sitting at a cafe in Paris?.........xoxoxxoMom

Anonymous said...

I love that mitten...I can't wait for the bird sweater...I am still sweating through that cable wrap thing. (in the meantime working on a quilt for the Pirate BF.)