Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sock Love

So I'm about 2/3 of the way through the cuff on my first Boyfriend sock, and I have to tell you it is so much fun! I am so late to the party on this one. I'm using the Super-Agebraic Sock Pattern, which is great because although it looks mathy it's actually a very simple template for custom socks. I did a narrow cuff of 1x1 rib before breaking into 3x1 for the body (which transitions perfectly). I can't decide what I like most: the slick but indestructible needles, the soft yet machine washable yarn, the random striping (actually that isn't looking great yet, but I'll get there), the portability (I got so much done in class last night it's scary)... the list goes on. I've already got ideas for more socks I want to make in the future.

Best class project ever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pictures please! Glad you like making socks - I think I need to try a pair!xoxoMom