Friday, April 6, 2007

Completed Birdness!

After a spring break-flavored hiatus, I am proud to show off...


...a finished bird sweater!


Vital Statistics: I ued Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, ten balls of Grass and 1 of Cream. I worked at 5 st/in on size 8 needles, and the whole thing took about 2-3 months. Like a I said, sleeves demand fortitude.



This picture is a bit more true to the color. It also shows my favorite detail; the crossed-over striped v-neck is so collegiate. Anyone else want to join the Harvard crew team?


Here's where the sided ribbing meets the hem, another nice-looking detail (if I say it myself). I'm working on writing up the pattern to submit to Knitty, and this is the hardest part to describe coherently. By the way, if anyone can think of a cute and/or clever name for this sweater, I'm all ears.


All in all, I'm really quite pleased with how this came out. There are some parts that I don't like - the sleeves are a little short and the body a little loose - but in general I'm very happy. Nothing soothes my soul like a completed project. Hooray!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sweater is so cute! Maybe a cool name for Knitty would be Rockin' Robin like the song. Rockin' Robin was a 1958 song by Bobby Day. Donny Osmon later re-did it.

nettlefly said...

That green colour looks very beautiful, as well as the birds:) Great work.

Anonymous said...

"Submissions must be new -- not previously shown in another mag or on your website, blog or livejournal. Once your pattern is published in Knitty, you may include a picture of your design on your website with a link to the Knitty website."

Claudia said...

Rats. Thanks for the heads-up.

Anonymous said...

This turned out so well! The white trim detail gives it a cool retro vibe, like you'd wear it under your sweetheart's letterman jacket on your way to the big game.

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from Jeeyon, by the way.

Anonymous said...

I especialy like the way you taper off the wire - skipping a couple of stiches. Nice.

How about
- Avionics
- Open Cage
- Flock Together (gettin' cutesy)
- Beaky

I could get ecclectic but that's so self-indulgent and pedantic.
3D

Stefanie said...

very cool! I love the birds!