Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Precious...

About a week ago I splurged a little and ordered myself some sock yarn from Knitpicks (because I officially can't get enough of sock making). Today I went to check my mail, and there it was.



First, some machine washable Essential Tweed, destined to become Monkey. I love the texture of those socks, but I am of the belief that one must choose between texture and color as the focus for a project. I can deal with subtle variation, but I would not want to knit something with tons of texture in a yarn that won't let it show (variegated).


Behind door number two, some Memories in the Morning Glory colorway, which will become a variation on Roza's Socks (scroll down). I like this pattern a lot, but it will need some adjusting for my gauge. This time it'll be subtle texture, lots of color. I think I'm actually going to do these ones first, because the merino is so nice to be around, and I just love knitting with a variegated yarn.


And, of course, there is a new issue of Knitty that must be reveled in. As usual when the new one comes out, I immediately looked at the patterns and fell upon one in a Gollum-esque frenzy. Tucked in at the very bottom... Clessidra. We wants it, we wants to knit it so very, very much. We are thinking we needs a luxurious yarn like Gloss in Cocoa that will look good with all our shoes. *sigh* We already loves them so.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore adore adore Gloss in the Cocoa colorway. It is lovely to knit with.

- Jeeyon

Margie said...

I love your Tolkienesque description and can compeletely identify. I did hear from someone else that she used Gloss and it pilled badly. I have three colors myself, plus some of the tweedy Essentials yarn.

Anonymous said...

I think the Money is awesome in a mixed colorwaty - looks like running water, an optical illusion (apprecuated author's note re falling leaves; hey, i saw the poster). BTW, if you want to make size 13 skull socks... YKW

Anonymous said...

Apologies for massive misspellings in last post.