Thursday, March 22, 2007

Making Eyes

Earlier this week I began to contemplate summer projects. As some of you know, summer is the time when I like to let loose and make something really complicated, with lots of cables. I like to choose a project that I wouldn't usually have time for, what with school and all. And besides, what's the fun of summer vacation if my hands aren't full of heavy wool? Still, as I've been bopping around the internet lately I haven't seen anything of that ilk that has made me say wowEEE!


And then it hit me. If I choose simpler projects, I'll have time to make two new things to wear in my last semester of college/first months of Real Life. And so I hereby announce Claudia's Prelimiary Summer Picks:


(1) The Union Square Market Pullover. Eunny Jang, my knitting hero, has one in her archives with the clever and sleekifying modification of narrowing the bell sleeve, which I really like. And that neckline is just too cool. Maybe in a deep purple or chocolatey brown...


(2) Simply Marilyn. (I am so about Interweave right now.) I"m picturing it in Lamb's Pride Bulky in Charcoal Heather, because an oversized dark-grey sweater would be eminantly wearable. And this way I would still get my cabling fix. And then of course there are socks to make, Anemois to fair-isle, projects to plan, dreams to dream.


Questions? Ideas? Comments?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like both sweates- the bell sleeve is pretty- and you could make it fit really well- it would transition to a work sweater - with a tweed pencil or pleated skirt-
And I love the bulky sweater - it looks cozy-we love Lambs Pride!!!
xoxoMom

Anonymous said...

Good choices. Both of them are Super-You, and the Union Square one merans you get to pick buttons! I think you will be happier with multi-projrcys, like your writing. And hey - there's always socks!
Da