Saturday, February 17, 2007

Birdies!

After a few weeks' hiatus on this particular project, I've been working on my bird sweater in class. I haven't made as much progress as I would like; I was hoping to be done with the body this week, but there's still about 1.5 inches left to go. Then sleeves, and then the fun really begins. I'll be shaping a v-neck while doing raglan decreases while working a third intarsia bird.

I've been trying to keep track of how this sweater has been coming together, in hopes that when it's done I can write up the pattern and try to get it in print somewhere (fingers crossed). I'm sorry it's not done now because the snow outside would make a great background for photos of the finished product. Anyway, when it is done I'll probably be looking for people to take a peek at the pattern and tell me if it all makes sense.



In the mean time, here's some pictures. I took 20 minutes the other day to weave in a bunch of ends on the intarsia part, and I can't believe how much better that made it all look. There's still some correcting to be done on the birds themselves, but nothing a little duplicate stitch can't fix.


Here's an interior shot so you can see how it looks with most of the weaving-in done. Such a vast improvement, I can hardly believe it.


Yay! Progress!

No comments: