Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Acquisition

Look what I found in my mailbox today! Four skeins of Noro Kureyon in color #188, also known as, "Claudia, this colorway would be perfect for Liz, so why are you messing around with anything else?" I cast on the mini-Clapotis right away, and I'm already making progress. Lately all I've had to knit on was a sock, and while I love to make socks and all that, I have been languishing in between larger projects. This is really fun; I attempted a Clapotis a couple of years ago with some godawful chenille on aluminum needles (which I hate), and it was not enjoyable. I hadn't yet learned how to 'read' my knitting, so I was constantly losing track of where I was and what was going on. Tedious. But this time it's just flying.




Once I get to the stitch-dropping part I think it's really going to bloom. I just love how this yarn knits up. I mean, come on, how amazing is that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore Noro Kureyon! I knit myself a pair of cabled fingerless mittens (the Fetching pattern from Knitty) and they were my favorite things ever and then BARTLEBY ATE THEM. Sigh.

- Jeeyon

Lindsay said...

noro kureyon is my crack. which sucks because we don't sell it at our shop (the distributor is horrendous--they also distribute debbie bliss, elsebeth lavold, louisa harding, etc). but i can't get enough of it. i have two skeins sitting on my desk and staring at me.

Anonymous said...

debbie bliss? Sounds like a character from Barbarella...

Oops, sorry if that is a real name. And I mean NO offense to the product. (Just a musing thought.)

Courtney said...

I'm making a sweater in this Kureyon colorway right now. I love it. It looks great in Clapotis too.