Sunday, March 4, 2007

First Sock Done!

I finished my first sock yesterday!



It was a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to starting the other one tomorrow. I grafted the toe, which didn't come out exactly to my liking; perhaps I'll try a three-needle bind-off for the second sock.


For the cuff edging I cast on all the stitches onto two needles held together, then removed one and worked the first row like this: k1tbl, bring yarn to front and sl1 purlwise. After the first row I divided the stitches onto four needles and started the ribbing. Generally, a successful first sock.


Also, I found this great skull-gyle (or is the correct term arr-gyle) chart on Moth Heaven. I think it would be really cute across the front of a sweater, or maybe down a sleeve. I've been seeing a lot of cool-looking argyle charts lately. They're starting to give me ideas.


PS - Thanks to everyone for the comments! I love getting commented on - it makes me feel special.


PPS - Check out the lovely new Weather Flapper, keeping my faraway readers updated on exterior conditions. Any suggestions for a flapper name (besides Zelda)?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the skill would also be great on a sock-

Congrats on your first sock! Stay warm-xoxoxoxMom

Anonymous said...

oops- I ment skull...

Claudia said...

Well, the skull requires skill, so it all evens out in the end. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

curse you claudia...curse you...I may save this project when you visit...i'm still cable-ing but I would love to arrrrgyle

Anonymous said...

beautiful job turning the heel! what fun! Finished my "poodle" afghan!gramdma

Anonymous said...

ALl I can say is I hope LSB's feelings are intact since you chose to model the socks yourself. "I'm Litle Sweet - Smell my feet!"