Thursday, February 1, 2007

Yarn vs. Joyce

The odds are pretty even in tonight's match of Odessa vs. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. I only have about 20 more pages to go, so maybe both can appear in tonight's festivities. I still have to re-start the hat, so that's pressing as well (that may sound frivolous but it is ass cold here).

I'm still fine-tuning my ability to knit and read at the same time. I made the body of a sweater while reading Kafka last semester, but that was in the round on a circular needle and it was plain stockinette, so I'm still uncertain. Also, I really have to keep track of where I am on the Odessa pattern; even though I'm doing it sans beads I find myself making mistakes.

As far as future projects are concerned, I'm thinking that the next thing will be Shedir. I've been looking at it covetously ever since I saw it. I love GirlFromAuntie's patterns; they're always impeccably written, with all the guesswork completely missing. And I've got some really nice yarn for it that I've had for a while: a couple months ago I picked up two balls of Lana Grossa Superlana (color #16), that have remained projectless. This project should therefore satisfy both my budget and my desire for a fiddly cabling project. Success!

No comments: